Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) is in place or in the process of development at each Parkrose school. PBIS is a proactive systems approach to improving school climate. This includes developing a set of 3-5 positively stated expectations, and procedures for teaching and reinforcing these expectations.
For more information, please contact Michelle Pine, District PBIS coach, at 503-408-2109
a broad-range of systematic and individualized strategies for achieving important social and learning outcomes while preventing problem behavior with all students. PBIS assists schools in moving toward school-wide behavior systems that address the entire school--all students in all venues. These systems define and teach school rules and expectations and provide meaningful acknowledgements and corrections.
Parkrose PBIS Mission Statement
To purposefully empower student success by establishing and maintaining effective school environments that maximize the academic, social, and behavioral competence of all learners with life-long positive results.
Parkrose PBIS Goals are to
- provide a consistent and positive structure for improving student behavior
- be responsive to culture, race, gender, and language differences in order to eliminate disparities in disciplinary outcomes
- make data and research-based decisions that have meaningful and positive outcomes for all
- improve school and classroom climate
- enhance the continuum of behavior support for all students
- reduce unnecessary office discipline referrals, suspensions, and expulsions